In October 2018 we introduced asking families to contribute £2.00 per month to School Fund using ParentPay (11 months of the year excluding August). This amount can be paid as a one-off £22.00 contribution or in instalments over the year. This fund has then been utilised for a range of purchases e.g. additional resources such ingredients for class cooking session or specific art materials. We feel a small contribution from every family goes a long way in school. The payment is linked to individual children or, in the case of a family contribution, the youngest sibling.
In summer 2020 we paused the idea of School Fund contributions whilst the country faced the Covid pandemic and we knew many of our families faced associated financial difficulties. We will review this at an appropriate future date.
2019-2020 School Year
We collected £1145.35 in contributions and will update the website soon with a spending breakdown prior to Covid-19.
2018-2019 School Year
From a potential £2,420 in contributions we received £1,437. From this total we spent £941.37 across the school on items/activities such as;
- cookery and food tasting
- additional resources for Science Week experiments
- buying additional craft and sewing materials
- electronic coding devices
- a visit by Crazy Creatures to Rec/Ks1
- apps for iPads such as a ‘green screen’
- a visit to meet an author at Seven Stories for Year 5
- classroom resources such as easels
- money sets to use as class banks (reward schemes)
- travel for science ambassadors to St. Bede’s
- clay stone for modelling
- role play dressing up items for KS1
and a whole host more. Thank you to all parents who have contributed and allowed us to offer these additional experiences in school!
The remainder of £495.63 has been ring-fenced for future use if contributions fall in following years or to contribute towards a larger purchase for school.