In October 2018 we introduced asking families to contribute £2.00 per month to School Fund using ParentPay (11 months of the year excluding August). This amount can be paid as a one-off £22.00 contribution or in instalments over the year. This fund has then been utilised for a range of purchases e.g. additional resources such ingredients for class cooking session or specific art materials. We feel a small contribution from every family goes a long way in school. The payment is linked to individual children or, in the case of a family contribution, the youngest sibling.
2018-2019 School Year
From a potential £2,420 in contributions we received £1,437. From this total we spent £941.37 across the school on items/activities such as;
- cookery and food tasting
- additional resources for Science Week experiments
- buying additional craft and sewing materials
- electronic coding devices
- a visit by Crazy Creatures to Rec/Ks1
- apps for iPads such as a ‘green screen’
- a visit to meet an author at Seven Stories for Year 5
- classroom resources such as easels
- money sets to use as class banks (reward schemes)
- travel for science ambassadors to St. Bede’s
- clay stone for modelling
- role play dressing up items for KS1
and a whole host more. Thank you to all parents who have contributed and allowed us to offer these additional experiences in school!
The remainder of £495.63 has been ring-fenced for future use if contributions fall in following years or to contribute towards a larger purchase for school.