Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted regulate and inspect schools and colleges to seek improvement in the service. They carry out large number of inspections and regulatory visits in England and publish their finding on their website.
View the St Patrick’s RC Primary latest Osted report
Department for Education
Many Parents are keen to see how we are performing in relation to other schools.
The Department for Education (Dfe) Performance Tables provide a reliable and accessible source of comparative information on pupil attainment and progress, absence, workforce and finance. The Performance Tables include percentages of achievement to Level 4 and Level 5 or above in reading, writing and maths and the percentage of expected progress in each subject. You can find the School Performance Tables from the DfE by clicking the link below.
View the St Patrick’s RC Primary School performance tables.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
Our latest report can be viewed or downloaded by clicking the PDF link below. Alternatively you can view the report on the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle website.
Every year, each school formulates a School Improvement Plan which sets priorities for the following year.
We are constantly looking to build on excellent practice to improve pupil outcomes. This plan helps us continually improve our performance in key areas. This detailed document is put together after discussion across our school community. We have highlighted the main priorities for this academic year, 2019 – 2020, below.
(i) Ensure all pupils have access to a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum in order to extend their wide range of knowledge and skills by:
- Monitoring the curriculum and impact of timetable adjustments.
- Monitoring pupil performance termly.
- Monitoring access of more vulnerable pupils.
- Valuing pupil voice and feedback.
Mrs J Burgess staff lead
Mrs P Dooley, Mrs S Walker and Mr M Shiels governor leads
Improve pupils’ outcomes in reading by:
- Promoting and extending reading opportunities throughout the school.
- Clarifying and monitoring new school-wide methodology.
- Focusing on speed and fluency.
- Monitoring individual and class performance termly.
- Utilising additional adults/volunteers effectively.
- Sustained use of reading mentors.
Miss E Parry staff lead
Ms K Campbell and Mrs K Plunkett governor leads
Increase % of pupils showing readiness for Y1 in terms of a good level of development and excellent level of development at the end of Reception year by:
- Ensuring careful tracking of all pupils across the foundation stage profile.
- Personalising intervention – including the use of on-going structured conversations with parents.
- Improving provision through the development of a new classroom and outdoor facilities.
- Sharing good practice through involvement in the Early Excellence Network of local schools.
Mrs K Bajrami staff lead
Mrs J Carr governor lead
Incorporate sustained and appropriate use of outdoor learning to improve pupil outcomes in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (2-year cycle focusing on EYFS and Key Stage 1 before moving onto Key Stage 2 in year 2) by:
- Working with external specialists as well as utilising staff expertise, to share good practice.
- Monitor impact (knowledge retention, skills and levels of engagement demonstrated) against age-related expectations.
Mrs L Gardner staff lead
Mrs T Lawrence and and Mrs K Hodgson governor leads
St Patrick’s RCVA Primary School offer childcare provision. Full details of the provision provided can be found in our Childcare Provision section of our website.
Check School Performance Tables
You can use performance tables (sometimes known as league tables) to compare schools and colleges in your area. You can check:
- exam and test results
- financial information
- Ofsted reports
You can only see statistics for schools and colleges in England.