E-Safety at St. Patrick’s
Please click the link below for an e-safety update during Covid-19
E-Safety Ambassadors. Our job is to help our fellow pupils if they have any problems online. We are a point of contact if they do not want to, or do not feel they need to talk to an adult. We will be completing challenges throughout the year to learn more about e-safety and sharing them with the rest of the school.
We thought that it was important to discuss being safe online with any new equipment that we may get as
Our top e-safety tips to pupils are:
- Keep personal information to yourself;
- Don’t talk to strangers online;
- Don’t put personal pictures online;
- Don’t open emails from people that you don’t know;
- Don’t click on pop up ads as they both might contain a virus;
- Make sure the website you are using is secure (it has a padlock);
- Tell a grown up if you are unsure or worried;
- Think before you act!
Our top e-safety tips to parents are:
- Help your child to stay safe by keeping up to date with the what your child is accessing on-line;
- Make sure all age requirements are followed e.g. for Instagram/Snapchat;
- Make sure all parental controls are in place and check history regularly.