If you find your family circumstances have changed recently you may wish to consider applying for Free School Meals under Durham County Council’s application process. Pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 currently receive free meals due to the government’s Universal Free School Meal Scheme however they are also available to children whose parents claim certain benefits. Even if your child currently receives the Universal Free meal allocation you can still apply for Free School Meals and this brings additional funding in to school known as pupil premium.
It is in all our interests that we bring in as much money as we can to support our school and ensure all of our children get the best possible education. To help your child and your school, we can do a very quick eligibility check for this additional funding via Durham County Council.
In order to do this we require some simple information.
Any child may qualify for a free school meal if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual earnings threshold that does not exceed £7,400.
- Income Support.
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit (provided a parent is not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Please complete the claim form below and return electronically to email@example.com If you experience any problems completing the form please contact Mrs Charlton using the school email address and she will arrange to ring you back to assist.
Further information can be found at http://www.durham.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
We hope everyone is keeping safe and well. Please see below for learning at home activity sheets prepared for each year group by their class teacher for the fortnight beginning 29th June. Please send any photos of your home learning to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to share with our school family via our weekly newsletter.
We hope everyone is keeping safe and well. Please see below for learning at home activity sheets prepared for each year group by their class teacher for the fortnight beginning 15th June. Please send any photos of your home learning to email@example.com for us to share with our school family via our weekly newsletter.